Have you ever had one of those days when you were upset at someone or many people ? maybe it's the person you have to work with, your neighbor, your colleague or boss. They can say or do something to hurt you maybe not on purpose but it still hurt you & you're mad at them. Perhaps they're the type to actively to get people upset just for kicks, & I'm sure everyone knows someone like that. In fact I've dealt with these kind so often that sometimes I think it's unfair. They don't change & will keep upsetting people. Unforgivable aren't they? I used to think so.
Then I thought to myself why is this person acting like this ? why do these things to upset people ? then one day when that person was trying provoke me, the teacher make a joke on him which made him almost scared & insecure. I guess it's a defense mechanism for those with low self-esteem. Perhaps he has family problems, financial problems, who knows. I guess what I'm trying to get at is that person, that person on the street, that spiteful person in your workplace, may have problems or insecurities that cause them to act in a certain way. I'm in no way excusing anti-social behavior or defending them but rather don't write off people so quickly.
Despite the way a person treats me, I'm try my best to forgive them, I don't let the sun go down with anger still in my heart. Why ? because it's easy for anger to turn into murder or violence. Just smile & never let them know they hurt you. Success is the best revenge. Life's too short to keep grudges & anger, heck, that's why a lot of countries are at war, we can stop this vicious cycle, & love is the medicine.

No comments:
Post a Comment